Thursday, March 13, 2008

What a mad few months......


It has been a while since I have updated so here is a quick summary of the last few months.


Had a great Christmas at home with my family then New Year in Austria with my Godsons and Carrie. This New Year is a special one for many, especially me. Unemployed, homeless and on a very tight budget BUT, preparing for a trip around the world.

I spent about 7 weeks catching up with friends and family. This took me to England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Austria and Germany. It was so nice to see everyone but I was left shattered and half a stone heavier with all the great food and wine.

In between all of this I was organizing my trip, getting vaccinated and trying to unpack the boxes from Hong Kong to repack for the big trip.

I think the hardest and most stressful part of the whole thing was dealing with what underwear to take! When you are bordering OCD about matching undies, and you have minimal space, which and how many pairs to you take. Issue was resolved with no help from my lovely friend the Reverend Rounce. Standing in the middle of M&S suggesting a mixture of tiger and leopard print pants with no consideration for the top half!

Anyway, I managed to get everything packed up into a 50 liter rucksack, with the help of some vacuum pack bags. It really is amazing when you see it, my next few years crammed into 50 liters!

The luxury items (absolutely not necessary!): One nice set of undies, red nail polish and Jeans, oh, and about 20 cream eggs.

So here I am, packed, ready to go and desperate to get back into that tropical sunshine.
xx
Me

No comments: